Lake Manyara Serena Lodge Hotel is located at the edge of the Mto Wa Mbu escarpment, overlooking the Great Rift Valley and the stunning Manyara soda lake. For those who wish to observe big game the area has long been known for its tree-climbing lions, while ornithologists from around the world come to observe the masses of pink flamingos and great birds of prey around the lake. In flight or at the lake's edge, these birds habituate in clear view of the lodge's public spaces and guest rooms.
The area's abundant birdlife inspired the design of Lake Manyara Serena Lodge - swooping curves are complemented by soft, geometric patterns; striking murals depict bird migration patterns. The circular shape of the buildings is a tribute to indigenous architectural traditions.
Lake Manyara Serena is a comfortable hotel and does have one of the country's best swimming pools. There are also possibly the best views of Lake Manyara and easy access to the park for game drive.Lake Manyara Serena is a fair quality hotel within easy reach of Arusha and very close to Lake Manyara National Park. It sits on the top of the Rift Valley escarpment overlooking the northern end of Lake Manyara.
Like all the Serena Hotels and lodge this place is more dependable than exciting, with extremely nice staff and good quality of service. Rooms are comfortable and clean and food is of good quality. Serena Lodge isn't, and doesn't pretend to be, a small bush camp so it slightly lacks the atmosphere and intimacy that you'd get in many of the smaller camps in Tanzania.
Lake Manyara Serena Lodge Hotel Accomodation
• The circular, closely-thatched rooms echo the traditional Maasai Boma style of construction whilst featuring a vibrant interior design concept that reflects the Maasai people's abiding love of brilliant scarlet-and-indigo checked Shukas (cloaks) and bright yellow, white, blue and orange beadwork.
• Each Lake Manyara Serena Lodge room has a private veranda and breathtaking views of the shimmering reaches of the flamingo-frosted Lake Manyara
Lake Manyara Serena Lodge Hotel Restaurant
• Perched high above Lake Manyara with endless views over the floor of the Great Rift Valley, the circular dining room and bright murals of the open-air bar area feature fabulous avian inspired frescoes, colorful Maasai artifacts and a unique domed basketwork ceiling hung with carved gourds and nest-shaped lanterns.
Lake Manyara hotel Safari Activities
• Day wildlife watching and game driving Tanzania safaris in Lake Manyara
• Ornithological Tanzania safaris
• Swimming in the fresh water pool, which lies below the Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge, on the very edge of the escarpment with mesmeric views across the still waters of the lake and the age-old majesty of the Great Rift Valley.
• Horse riding around the park.
• Canoeing safaris on the tranquil and beautiful waters of the Lake Manyara
• Boating trips around the Lake Manyara and its ecosystem
• Mountain biking around the park and adjacent landscapes.
• Spectacular vanishing horizon swimming pool with panoramic Rift Valley vistas.
• Wildlife talks, audio-visual presentations and lectures on the heritage and traditions of local.
African Safaris offers customized safaris to Manyara Serena Lodge in Lake Manyara National Park Tanzania tours and accommodation in Tanzania Hotels & lodges Information on Tanzania map of Tanzania National Parks and attractions in Tanzania parks.